Sunday, April 11, 2010

wireless connections

Im not sure how to explain this but here it goes.I use a wireless internet and sometimes it disconnects cause my laptop isnt that great and i am usually in my garden. Would someone please tell me whats the best wireless card i can get for laptop for long distances??Or even better would you please tell me a really good laptop i could buy for wireless ranges.i have 350 to 450 to spendThank youwireless connections
[QUOTE=''Mr_Fujiv1'']Im not sure how to explain this but here it goes.I use a wireless internet and sometimes it disconnects cause my laptop isnt that great and i am usually in my garden. Would someone please tell me whats the best wireless card i can get for laptop for long distances??Or even better would you please tell me a really good laptop i could buy for wireless ranges.i have 350 to 450 to spendThank you[/QUOTE]

u could get a great wireless card for like $50 for wifi ....3g a different storywireless connections
Are you sure you don't need a wireless router with a longer range?
well im looking to get a new pc anyway so whats the best wifi card i can get?
my wireless router is fine :] its my laptop cause when i get closer my download speed becomes quicker so i really wanted to know what laptops are on the market that has a really good wifi
[QUOTE=''FamiBox'']Are you sure you don't need a wireless router with a longer range?[/QUOTE]

I thought about this 2 and it is a good option or you could buy a wireless extender
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
you can always look for ways to increase the signal I know that there are ways of doing it but I honestly dont need the boost in my housebut try thishttp://www.labnol.org/software/increase-wifi-signal-strength-with-aluminum/8064/
im gonna go on it now thanks
[QUOTE=''Mr_Fujiv1'']Im not sure how to explain this but here it goes.I use a wireless internet and sometimes it disconnects cause my laptop isnt that great and i am usually in my garden. Would someone please tell me whats the best wireless card i can get for laptop for long distances??Or even better would you please tell me a really good laptop i could buy for wireless ranges.i have 350 to 450 to spendThank you[/QUOTE]

Well, the best distance and speed (speed doesn't matter unless you are moving a bunch of files or streaming hd movies) you can get is from wireless N. You need a router and a usb card. You might be able to get an extender thing if you still don't get the range you need. Any N router will work about the same.
It is not your laptop having the signal issue, its the router broadcasting a weak signal, either boast the signal or buy one with a longer range.
  • lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment