Thursday, April 15, 2010

Restoring iPod on new PC?

I have a new PC which I have to install itunes again. When I do this, will the songs on my iPod automatically restore on the PC? Thanks guys.Restoring iPod on new PC?
You're going to need to transfer all your songs somehow.Restoring iPod on new PC?
[QUOTE=''txr302'']I have a new PC which I have to install itunes again. When I do this, will the songs on my iPod automatically restore on the PC? Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]No it won't. It will be wiped clean. You'll have to look for some software that will pull the music off the iPod, so you can import the music back into iTunes. I had to do this when my old laptop crashed.
There is a option on the File menu that says ''Transfer purchases from...''. You have to authorize your computer for those purchases
[QUOTE=''JustPlainLucas''][QUOTE=''txr302'']I have a new PC which I have to install itunes again. When I do this, will the songs on my iPod automatically restore on the PC? Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]No it won't. It will be wiped clean. You'll have to look for some software that will pull the music off the iPod, so you can import the music back into iTunes. I had to do this when my old laptop crashed.[/QUOTE]



I could be wrong, but the transfer purchases from ipod worked for me on my new computer
Have to authorize.
1. Throw away ipod

2. Buy a Cowon or Sandisk player

3. ????

4. Profit
[QUOTE=''herbasher'']I could be wrong, but the transfer purchases from ipod worked for me on my new computer[/QUOTE]



yes that would work for only the songs bought from itunes, the problem is most people don't buy their music...
[QUOTE=''herbasher'']There is a option on the File menu that says ''Transfer purchases from...''. You have to authorize your computer for those purchases[/QUOTE]



All songs are from my CDs so there goes that. I'll try google and see what comes up, there must be some way.

Anyway, thanks for the help :)
[QUOTE=''andyboiii''][QUOTE=''herbasher'']I could be wrong, but the transfer purchases from ipod worked for me on my new computer[/QUOTE]



yes that would work for only the songs bought from itunes, the problem is most people don't buy their music...[/QUOTE]



The the poster's songs are either on CDs, on his old computer , or need to be re downloaded using a person's p2p program or bit torrent. I buy some of mine and the songs from other sources are backed up. I think there is other ways to get songs off of ipods This link shows one way
[QUOTE=''herbasher''][QUOTE=''JustPlainLucas''][QUOTE=''txr302'']

I have a new PC which I have to install itunes again. When I do this, will the songs on my iPod automatically restore on the PC? Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]No it won't. It will be wiped clean. You'll have to look for some software that will pull the music off the iPod, so you can import the music back into iTunes. I had to do this when my old laptop crashed.[/QUOTE] I could be wrong, but the transfer purchases from ipod worked for me on my new computer[/QUOTE]

I will never buy a single song from iTunes, so that wasn't an option for me.
[QUOTE=''JustPlainLucas''][QUOTE=''herbasher''][QUOTE=''JustPlainLucas'']No it won't. It will be wiped clean. You'll have to look for some software that will pull the music off the iPod, so you can import the music back into iTunes. I had to do this when my old laptop crashed.[/QUOTE] I could be wrong, but the transfer purchases from ipod worked for me on my new computer[/QUOTE]

I will never buy a single song from iTunes, so that wasn't an option for me.[/QUOTE]



I don't blame you, I will now because they got rid of DRM. I buy a songs, on itunes not that many, I don't have all that much money
[QUOTE=''herbasher''][QUOTE=''andyboiii''][QUOTE=''herbasher'']I could be wrong, but the transfer purchases from ipod worked for me on my new computer[/QUOTE] yes that would work for only the songs bought from itunes, the problem is most people don't buy their music...[/QUOTE] The the poster's songs are either on CDs, on his old computer , or need to be re downloaded using a person's p2p program or bit torrent. I buy some of mine and the songs from other sources are backed up. I think there is other ways to get songs off of ipods This link shows one way[/QUOTE]



Excellent, I'll give that a go, thanks :)
omg I cant stand Apple's tech support. They either keep you on hold til you fall asleep and accidentally hang up, then you call back and they pretend they've never heard of you, or they transfer you to their call center in Guam. Its not even called Apple there, its Mango! =P
You have two options:- Hook up the ipod but do NOT open itunes. Make sure you can view hidden files and folders. Go to ''My Computer'' and access your ipod. You should be able to pull off the music that way. The downside is that all the file titles are just random sequences of four letters (like RBDF.mp3 and WEGH.mp3) so if you use this method you'll have to painstakingly go through your whole collection and rename every file. On the brightside itunes can still decode them so if you don't listen to your music outside of itunes/ipod this won't be a problem at all.- Download one of the many ipod transfer programs available on the internet and use it to pull your songs off.
Consolidate your music collection. Go to iTunes and consolidate your library. This will take all of your ''stuff'' and copy it into a folder of your choosing. When iTunes is done copying it to the folder. Take that folder and copy it on a flash drive, external hard drive, etc. Then transfer to iTunes iPod transfer programs are the easiest and simplest way in my opinion though.
  • foundation makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment