Thursday, April 15, 2010

Steering wheel knobs Legal / Illegal In NY?

I went in to auto zone and saw that they had a Steering wheel knob, so i bought it.you would think it's legal if they sell it in a store in NY state.Just wondering if any one has any intel on them and what the Topic says ^^^^Thanks.Steering wheel knobs Legal / Illegal In NY?
Don't know, but can you tell me why you came to gamespot to ask that : /?Steering wheel knobs Legal / Illegal In NY?
Cause this is an off-topic forum.
I googled them to see what they where whats the point of them?
[QUOTE=''XxSPAZxX'']Don't know, but can you tell me why you came to gamespot to ask that : /?[/QUOTE]

Probably to get an answer the same reason why alot of people ask questions on forums.
I really want one of those! :o I'd feel like a redneck for having one though... :P
to turn the steering wheel Lol.Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgISYNNRTWAinstead of doing hand over hand you place one hand on the Knoband spin the wheel quicker.
[QUOTE=''Sway-'']I googled them to see what they where whats the point of them?[/QUOTE]They use them on tractors and construction equipment so you can turn the wheel fast while still leaving one hand free to operate levers.
According to the comments on that vid it is illegal unless you're disabled, which is possibly more ***** than marijuana being illegal.
[QUOTE=''Sway-'']I googled them to see what they where whats the point of them?[/QUOTE]



people with 1 arm use them a lot...
In NY where I work, you may only have a steering wheel spinner affixed to your steering wheel if and only if you have the restriction listed on your license.



DMV will assign this restriction to you, usually based upon some type of medical condition with written proof from your physician.



Any other time, it would be considered illegal and a ticketable offense. Equipment violations in NY are $30 fine + $30 surcharge, and because it's an added or after-market item, the rules about correcting defective equipment don't apply.

Source(s):

Me - NYPD/12 Years (Last 7 w/Highway Patrol)

NYS Vehicle %26 Traffic Law, Section 501 (Licensing)

NYS Vehicle %26 Traffic Law, Section 380-c, Interior Equipment
You bought a suicide wheel.



I have no idea if they are legal or not. I've only ever seen the handicapped use them.
That sucks. :(
Now the question is why would they sell it if there illegal to the public.but again .... they sell lights for under your car that are illegal when on while drivngNothing on the package saying what states that its illegal in.i also here radar detectors are illegal in my state then i here other wise.and apperently its illeagal to stand on a side walk. had a cop say keep it movingside walks are to be walked on.some of these laws are pretty dumb if you ask me.
Psh. Why would you want one? I almost was required to use one, but thankfully my State doesn't require it. And no, I'm not disabled thank you very much.
[QUOTE=''majoras_wrath'']Psh. Why would you want one? I almost was required to use one, but thankfully my State doesn't require it. And no, I'm not disabled thank you very much.[/QUOTE] why so defensive? so what. why do people want anything. im a delivery driver and while not delivering i prep food and i were gloves that are very powdery. when my powderd hands touch the steering wheel makes it difficult to turn my cars steering wheel with out my hand slipping. solution steering wheel cover and or wash hand thoroughly after wearing gloves.. well its kinda late i already bought it and used it.
[QUOTE=''D3ADMaggot911''][QUOTE=''majoras_wrath'']Psh. Why would you want one? I almost was required to use one, but thankfully my State doesn't require it. And no, I'm not disabled thank you very much.[/QUOTE] why so defensive? so what. why do people want anything. im a delivery driver and while not delivering i prep food and i were gloves that are very powdery. when my powderd hands touch the steering wheel makes it difficult to turn my cars steering wheel with out my hand slipping. solution steering wheel cover and or wash hand thoroughly after wearing gloves.. well its kinda late i already bought it and used it.[/QUOTE]

I'm just surprised anyone would voluntary get one of those. Although I guess you have good reason.
[QUOTE=''D3ADMaggot911'']Now the question is why would they sell it if there illegal to the public.

but again .... they sell lights for under your car that are illegal when on while drivng

Nothing on the package saying what states that its illegal in.

i also here radar detectors are illegal in my state then i here other wise.

and apperently its illeagal to stand on a side walk. had a cop say keep it moving

side walks are to be walked on.



some of these laws are pretty dumb if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I live in NY also and I cant get a straight answer when it comes to radars detectors either. My cousin uses one and says its fine while other people say there illegal.
I can see the reason why they might be illegal. I run Heavy Equiptment, They help in a machine like a Front End Loader since you need a hand to control the bucket. The problems would be your hand slipping off it, that happens a lot to me when I'm working. I'm also not doing 100 km/h around a corner though. So the risk is'nt that big.I don't know if I'd want one in my car, that might be asking for trouble.
yeah im kinda thinking i might take it off but im not sure.

i dont wanna get pulled over if a cop see's a shiny thing affixed on my steering wheel.

and yett i feel like i have better control with turning.

i use it on the right side of my steering wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment