Thursday, April 15, 2010

Disney FINALLY returning to traditionally animated films with...

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WME89rrBnBg]The Princess and the Frog[/url] (NEW trailer).What do you guys think about it?
I know a lot of us get nostalgic when we think of old Disney c.lassics like The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, and dread the fact that Disney has abandoned their magic touch for animated films in replacement of things like CGI (Not including Pixar), and Miley Cyrus, and High School Musical... But what do you guys think of Disney giving 2-D animation another chance, starting with this new film - and what do you think of the film itself?Also, word has it, Disney will release a new 2-D film every 2 years for now on.Disney FINALLY returning to traditionally animated films with...
Personally i think its great, but will i go see an animated movie in theaters? No. But like i said its nice to see Disney getting back to there roots.Disney FINALLY returning to traditionally animated films with...
Honestly, I'm not impressed. It just looks like a mediocre animated film. I'm hoping I'm wrong, though.
That could be hit or miss. Pixar basically saved Disney, by the late 90s the animated films were lacking.
They are hand-drawing them again? Cool.
What's Disney's obsession with large, human-like crocodiles? :?
I'm tired of the good guys always winning in Disney films. Has spawned a whole generation of just-world believers.
I think it's great, especially if it means that Disney has done some soul-searching as to the quality of their recent attempts in comparison to their old classics.
Disney's animation was great in the 90's because it was ahead of it's time. Now 2D animation has leveled out, so I don't know how this will be.
Just because they're going back to 2D doesn't mean they can't screw this up, but unlike everything else they've been putting out lately, I think I'm going to give this a chance out of sheer nostalgia. :P
[QUOTE=''soulfood4'']Personally i think its great, but will i go see an animated movie in theaters? No. But like i said its nice to see Disney getting back to there roots.[/QUOTE]Same here. I can say that I have NEVER ever seen a Disney animated film in theaters before (Besides Pixar films), but I've always managed to see them when they were released on VHS/DVD. I dunno if I will want to make The Princess and the Frog the first for me yet, but I will definitely watch it at some point when it comes out. And I do think it's great Disney is going back to old roots.
[QUOTE=''soulfood4'']Personally i think its great, but will i go see an animated movie in theaters? No. But like i said its nice to see Disney getting back to there roots.[/QUOTE] Agreed. I'll be seeing UP in 3D though.
[QUOTE=''Ace_WondersX'']Disney's animation was great in the 90's because it was ahead of it's time. Now 2D animation has leveled out, so I don't know how this will be.[/QUOTE]I don't think 2-D animation has leveled out, I just think pretty much all of them that were released after 2000 were just left uninspired and lacked heart compared to the classics made pre-2000, and then that eventually led to their demise.It looks like finally over these years Disney wants to make a comeback, as if they learned their lesson and want to make something great like old times, and this film looks a whole lot more promising than their previous attempts like Treasure Planet and Atlantis.. So I have hopes on it.
Looks good but I don't know if I'll watch this in theatres. Maybe I'll wait for it to come out on DVD or something.
[QUOTE=''Nerd_Man''][QUOTE=''Ace_WondersX'']Disney's animation was great in the 90's because it was ahead of it's time. Now 2D animation has leveled out, so I don't know how this will be.[/QUOTE]I just think pretty much all of them that were released after 2000 were just left uninspired and lacked heart compared to the classics made pre-2000[/QUOTE]I hope you're just talking about 2D animated Disney films..
[QUOTE=''sammyjenkis898''][QUOTE=''Nerd_Man''][QUOTE=''Ace_WondersX'']Disney's animation was great in the 90's because it was ahead of it's time. Now 2D animation has leveled out, so I don't know how this will be.[/QUOTE]I just think pretty much all of them that were released after 2000 were just left uninspired and lacked heart compared to the classics made pre-2000[/QUOTE]I hope you're just talking about 2D animated Disney films..[/QUOTE]Yes, well, pretty much all Disney animated films, including their CGI attempts like Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons. Though, last year's Bolt was really good.
[QUOTE=''Nerd_Man''][QUOTE=''sammyjenkis898''][QUOTE=''Nerd_Man'']I just think pretty much all of them that were released after 2000 were just left uninspired and lacked heart compared to the classics made pre-2000[/QUOTE]I hope you're just talking about 2D animated Disney films..[/QUOTE]Yes, well, pretty much all Disney animated films, including their CGI attempts like Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons. Though, last year's Bolt was really good.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were referring to every 2D animated film after 2000..



:x



Anyways, I pretty much ag ree with you when it comes to Disney. I didn't like Bolt that much, though.
[QUOTE=''Ninja-Hippo'']What's Disney's obsession with large, human-like crocodiles? :?[/QUOTE]How else are they supposed to get in their big lipped allligator moments?
[QUOTE=''gameguy6700''][QUOTE=''Ninja-Hippo'']What's Disney's obsession with large, human-like crocodiles? :?[/QUOTE]How else are they supposed to get in their big lipped allligator moments?[/QUOTE]



Nostalgia Chick won at life that day.
[QUOTE=''sammyjenkis898''][QUOTE=''Nerd_Man''][QUOTE=''sammyjenkis898'']I hope you're just talking about 2D animated Disney films..[/QUOTE]Yes, well, pretty much all Disney animated films, including their CGI attempts like Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons. Though, last year's Bolt was really good.[/QUOTE] I thought you were referring to every 2D animated film after 2000.. :x Anyways, I pretty much ag ree with you when it comes to Disney. I didn't like Bolt that much, though.[/QUOTE]I thought Bolt was a positive change from their previous efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment