Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hurt from NIN was the original and the best one.

I don't know why people think Johnny Cash's cover was better. It actually sucks. He made it boring, and...old.Hurt from NIN was the original and the best one.
I agree with NIN's being the best but Johnny Cash's version wasn't bad at all.Hurt from NIN was the original and the best one.
I personally like both for different reasons.
His version doesn't suck..
Johnny Cash > NIN
[QUOTE=''OfficialBed'']Johnny Cash > NIN[/QUOTE]

But NIN's version of this song > Johnny Cash's.
[QUOTE=''OfficialBed'']Johnny Cash > NIN[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
Because of the video, pretty much. It's a fittingly thoroughly depressing video that fits the song perfectly. Also, I think people just liked it better by default for a while because it was newer. Then of course Cash died and we all know that also causes a temporary surge in popularity of the works of most entertainers. For a week or two afterward everyone was suddenly a Johnny Cash fan, am I right? :P



Incidentally, Reznor himself said something to the effect of him liking Cash's version better (also after seeing the video if I recall correctly).
Nope. As much as I like Trent Reznors version, Johnny Cash gave that song an intangible wisdom and powerful meaning that Trent could never bring. You can feel the pain and remorse when Johnny Cash sings that song.
Theyre both awesome.NIN deserves credit for creating the song.However, from a performance standpoint, I'd say theyre equal.
no good music ever came from nin or cash
[QUOTE=''buckwildbob'']no good music ever came from nin or cash[/QUOTE] They need to put a bangin' donk on it. Then their music would be sick, arrrgh.
I prefer Johnny Cash's version
I prefer the Johnny Cash version, but they're both very good.
[QUOTE=''warbmxjohn'']Nope. As much as I like Trent Reznors version, Johnny Cash gave that song an intangible wisdom and powerful meaning that Trent could never bring. You can feel the pain and remorse when Johnny Cash sings that song.[/QUOTE]Agreed. There is an ancient, somber ''earthen'' tone to Cash when he sings it. I even like his decision to change the onecurse word to ''Thorns''. It fit Cash's style better.Reznor = new, acute painCash = old, weary pain
I slightly prefered Johnny's version but both are great.
I thought the original was better. Not to say Johnny Cash did a poor a job covering it. His cover was great in it's own way. I just prefer NINs.
its the johnny cash version for me.
I prefer NIN's version from a relative standpoint, that is, I identify more with it.

However, considering the poignancy of Cash's version so close to his death, it's an equally powerful way of depressing the hell outta yourself.
Because of this little thing called opinion. Actually I don't like either version.

No comments:

Post a Comment