Sunday, April 11, 2010

Job at Gamestop.

Hey, guys I'm pretty new here (1st post).

I was wondering if anyone has ever had a job at gamestop or known someone with a job there, and if so, is it a pleasurable working experience or is it pretty horrible?



Thanks in advanceJob at Gamestop.
I work at gamestop and it's very enjoyable work.But I must warn you that if you do work there, people will not like you on the net.Job at Gamestop.
I think it would be a bad job..ripping off little kids..
I worked at Gamecrazy and hated it. I loved the people I meet but hated the job and all the things you had to sell. It made me hate shopping there. I only buy games from Best Buy or Amazon.com now.
Do you have Battletoads in stock?
I've heard nothing but negatives from most of the people that post on this website and a close friend of mine.Are you a people person? Can you talk to strangers about things that they have no prior knowledge about and not lose your mind? Do you do well with minimum wage? (Within reason.)These are all questions you should ask yourself. I have never worked there for these reasons. I can't stand it when they look at me, smile, and ask if I want the newest copy of Winnie the Pooh for Wii.I cannot do this to other human beings and thus, I don't work there.
Working at GameStop was a pretty bad job, pays low, and some customers are annoying and its pretty slow. Not to mention how they paid there employees with that damn ComData card, those greedy bastards
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Not that I've worked there, but I can't see it being any worse than flipping burgers or working at the local big box store. Most of the complaints (ie poor pay, annoying customers, questionable business practices) apply to any entry-level, borderline minimum wage job, and at least EB/GameStop generally has a pretty relaxed atmosphere.
[QUOTE=''soulfood4'']Working at GameStop was a pretty bad job, pays low, and some customers are annoying and its pretty slow. Not to mention how they paid there employees with that damn ComData card, those greedy bastards[/QUOTE]If it's such a bad job I wonder why so many who work there have such big egos???
[QUOTE=''The_New_Homer'']I think it would be a bad job..ripping off little kids..[/QUOTE]TC you see what I mean.
i heard it is a bad job. i think u should look at some youtube videos of it. i heard about that instead of giving u a check they give u a card thing. every time the employer uses it they get taxed out of it from the company.
[QUOTE=''herbasher''][QUOTE=''soulfood4'']Working at GameStop was a pretty bad job, pays low, and some customers are annoying and its pretty slow. Not to mention how they paid there employees with that damn ComData card, those greedy bastards[/QUOTE]If it's such a bad job I wonder why so many who work there have such big egos???[/QUOTE]

Well they get 15% off games...thats it, when i was there you could ''rent'' games for free for 4 days. But now there getting sued over it
All the people around my area who work there are friendly, clearly enjoy working in there, and help customers and actually warn them on occasionto the bad games they try to buy.
I have a friend that does and it seems realllly easy just stand aroudn talking about games and checking out ppl purchises
[QUOTE=''-TheSecondSign-'']All the people around my area who work there are friendly, clearly enjoy working in there, and help customers and actually warn them on occasionto the bad games they try to buy.[/QUOTE]



I wish I lived in your area then. I find either feast of famine there. The few nice ones I run into are very helpful. Others are pushy and have a superior attitude. Maybe I should cut them slack because they have to deal with the public. Still, some are less then helpful.
I worked there for one month and prayed for death daily =P
[QUOTE=''Allicrombie'']I worked there for one month and prayed for death daily =P[/QUOTE]

I was seasonal, the only thing that saved me from suicide was the district manager, she brought pizza and soda to use every other day.
[QUOTE=''Allicrombie'']I worked there for one month and prayed for death daily =P[/QUOTE]



Wow, after hearing that, maybe I shouldn't be so hard on people who work at gamestop?
[QUOTE=''herbasher''][QUOTE=''Allicrombie'']I worked there for one month and prayed for death daily =P[/QUOTE] Wow, after hearing that, maybe I shouldn't be so hard on people who work at gamestop?[/QUOTE] Well there are some customers that are annoying, and the pays not good, but if a GameStop employee is being less than helpful, you should not pity him. He's getting paid to be there, even though i hated it, i was always helpful to the customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment