Sunday, April 11, 2010

Any digital artist out there? (noob?)

Hi, what are some helpful tips on learning how to use Adobe Photo shop cs3, illustrator cs3 and corel painter 10? Tahnks in advanceAny digital artist out there? (noob?)
Youtube is full of digital art lessonsAny digital artist out there? (noob?)
try google it doesnt bite
Yeah.

If there is one thing made for googling.

It's looking up shopping tuts
Check out lynda.com they have everything, it is kind of explensive, but there are always cheaper ways to get it (by cheaper I mean free).I have used it to learn Photoshop CS4 really well (there is one more advance series for me to watch and I will have it almost mastered), I am in the process of learning Illustrator, and just started InDesign. I really like thier stuff and will use it to learn all of CS4.
the internet. i think also is to play around with photoshop and illustrator. u should also go to college take a few classes to learn about them. i think a high school student can take some classes to learn. it's how i learned about illustrator, photoshop and other programs.
Alright thanks for the replies
[QUOTE=''Jacobistheman'']Check out lynda.com they have everything, it is kind of explensive, but there are always cheaper ways to get it (by cheaper I mean free).I have used it to learn Photoshop CS4 really well (there is one more advance series for me to watch and I will have it almost mastered), I am in the process of learning Illustrator, and just started InDesign. I really like thier stuff and will use it to learn all of CS4.[/QUOTE]This, lynda.com kicks ass. You can even watch a few from their site without paying. I have an account, I should stay up all night watching Flash tutorials just for the snot of it.:P (ah I love summer break.)
Well, first of all, what are you planning to use these programs for?
Buy a WACOM tablet if you don't already have one. Youtube. Google. Practice and experimentation. Get very use to staring at a monitor for hours upon hours upon hours upon hours, the make sure to sit back once in a while and love what you are creating.
I've been using Corel Painter X for years and I have to say, i've learned the majority of what I'm capable of through trial %26 error and observing our own world. So be your own disciple. Just when you're out there in your every-day life, look down at the lights reflection down the road on a rainy day and just meditate on those kinds of things for abit. Just little things like that everyday can make a big difference to your advancement as an artist.EDIT: oh and the above poster is correct, wacom tablets are godly so get one!
I stare at other people's drawings for a long time and go through a phase of amazement, depression, then determination to get to that point. Also, translating art concepts and fundamentals to digital works. Same thing but very little mess.
[QUOTE=''Connor24'']Buy a WACOM tablet if you don't already have one. Youtube. Google. Practice and experimentation. Get very use to staring at a monitor for hours upon hours upon hours upon hours, the make sure to sit back once in a while and love what you are creating.[/QUOTE] HAHA thanks I just picked up a Intous 3 (6x8) last week.
[QUOTE=''Shad0ki11'']Well, first of all, what are you planning to use these programs for?[/QUOTE] Well once I get good enough I wanted to create comics. As for the guys suggesting the wacom tablets I just picked a Intuos 3 (6x8) last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment